Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Vietnamese Dinner at Moto Pho co.

Recently I had the pleasure of dining at a local Vietnamese restaurant called Moto Pho Co. It was a very interesting experience and it gave me a very good insight into another's interpretation on Vietnamese cuisine. I went to the restaurant with my mom and sister.  We read the reviews on yelp, and they were mostly bad, but it is the only Vietnamese restaurant in all of Charlottesville so we were going to try it any way.

location
Moto Pho Co. is located on West Main St. near the toy store Shenanigans. They have a relatively modern and new looking exterior and the inside has 2 long communal tables. The first thing that I noticed was the extensive amount of Sriracha. Behind where this picture was taken there was literally a wall of it stacked on shelves. It was very clean and had an easy lay out.

shrimp rolls 
Their shrimp rolls were much more simple than mine. Its 4 ingredients were cellophane, mint, shrimp, and rice paper. The shrimp rolls were a bit plain but were good with the peanut sauce on the side. I personally preferred the fried version although it was more work it was a more simple interpretation.


My main cours was the Vietnamese sandwich. It was very good, it tasted like a summary of Vietnam all wrapped up into a sandwich. I liked it very much, it was very filling and flavorful. Over all I feel like the restaurant is under rated. We didn't get a five-star meal, but it has a cool vibe and I recommend  it to anyone trying to get a decent Vietnamese meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take a bite.