Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Seaweed With Garlic and Vinegar

Contrary to the Korean chicken wings recipe, this was my least favorite of the food that I have cooked in this project. I did not enjoy the this meal at all so I didn't even bother with a final picture. It was not an enjoyable experience to make this dish I really was not getting a good vive while making it.

ingredients 
We may have bought the wrong kind of seaweed.


I soaked the dried seaweed for 10 minutes in cold water to soften it.  It was very difficult to shred.  Even my best chef's knife couldn't cut it very well.

"finished" product
I mixed the shredded seaweed in with a garlic, rice vinegar, vegetable oil, salt, sugar, red pepper powder, and black pepper. The salad had little to no flavor, it was very slimy from the seaweed, and the dressing added very little flavor. I did not enjoy this meal but I'm not giving up on Korean cooking.  I think that it was just a poor choice of recipe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Take a bite.