Monday, December 9, 2013

Fried Boneless Chicken with Honey and Ginger

I have made Chinese sesame chicken in the past and I have always loved it whether it be ordered out or made at home. I wanted to find a recipe that was like sesame chicken and yet still had a Vietnamese feel.

assembled ingredients 
I started by assembling my ingredients.


I caramelized some onions until browned then added chicken until that too took on a slight brown color.


Once the onion and chicken were ready I added the garlic and ginger.


I then stirred in the honey, fish sauce, soy sauce, and five spice powder. The most unique and noticeable ingrediant was probably the five spice powder.

finished product
The chicken was very good although the five spice powder was very overpowering and controlling of the taste. It just seemed like it was one of the strangest ingredients and although there was emphasis on the honey it was a very embedded flavor. I served it with brussels sprouts sautéed with oil, pepper and five spice powder to compliment the flavors of the chicken.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Take a bite.