Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Green Tea Granita

I was looking for something simple yet unique and delicious at the same time. A frozen green tea dessert in The Kimchi Chronicles caught my eye while browsing through the dessert chapter. This is the first frozen ice dessert that I have ever made and I enjoyed it very much.

Ingredients
The ingredients were very simple just ginger, green tea bags, honey, lime zest, and water.


The first step was to essentially just to make a big cup of tea by adding about 4 cups of boiling water to the bowl of 6 tea bags.

final liquid state 
Once the tea was steeped the honey and ginger were added to finish the liquid state.

frozen state 
After 4 hours of freezing the ice was frozen and I shredded it with a fork to be distributed.

finished product 
The granita had a very strong ginger, honey, and tea flavor. It is the literal version of an iced tea, it was very delicious although it would have been better suited to the summer time. I gave it a lime zest which just enhanced the overall flavor.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Take a bite.