Friday, January 17, 2014

Badia Curry (Simple Egg Curry)

First let me start off by apologizing for not posting in over a month. I have been caught up in midterms, christmas, and procrastination. The recipe that I am writing about today is a simple egg curry. While flipping through Monisha Bharadwaj's Gourmet Indian in Minutes I saw a picture of the simple egg curry and instantly I felt a very strong Indian vive. Many of the recipes in the book were very expensive and the ingredients were hard to find. I was looking for something that I could find the ingredients in the local super market. This recipe fit the criteria perfectly.
Ingredients Assembled 
The ingredients for this recipe were pretty standard and simple. Most of them I already owned.
step 1
I started out by frying the cumin seeds in the pan, as they darkened I added the onion slices until everything took on a slight golden brown color. 

step 2
After the onions took on a slight brown I added the ginger-garlic paste and tomato paste. Once they were incorporated I added turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, and salt until everything was mushy.

Step 3
Gently I placed the hard boiled eggs (sliced in half) into the curry mixture. I had to be carful to make sure that the eggs didn't collapse. 

Final product 
The egg curry was delicious, I hadn't really tried egg curry before this but I was very impressed by the outcome. It's flavors were expressed very lightly yet powerfully and it left me feeling fulfilled but not stuffed. I definitely recommend this recipe!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Take a bite.