Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tabbouleh

I have had tabbouleh a few times before and loved it. The flavors in it come together quite well, I thought it a perfect dish to display classic Middle Eastern cuisine. I served this dish as a side to Arabian Nights Grilled Herbed Chicken. The recipe I used can be found at this address: http://www.food.com/recipe/tabbouleh-91403



Ingredients 
All of the ingredients were very common, the only slightly uncommon ingredient was the bulgar wheat, but it can be found at any local market.

Bugler Wheat Cooking
Cooking bulgar wheat is much like cooking rice. I put it in about 2 cups of water with about 1 cup of bulgar until the water was completely absorbed.

Minced Vegetables (parsley and tomato)
All of the vegetables in the recipe were minced which made it very different from all of the other salads I've made.

Mixed Vegetables 
Along with the minced tomatoes and parsley, I also added minced red onion. The mixture smelled very fragrant and fresh.

Finished project 
In the last step I added a dressing comprised of lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. I also added the  finished bulgar wheat. The overall taste was very satisfying and light;  exactly what I was expecting. This dish is very easy make and can be served on pita bread, tortilla chips, or just eaten plain.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Take a bite.